A Python application that updates your security group based off of your current IP address.
* [AWS CLI](https://aws.amazon.com/cli/) installed and configured with a default profile
* AWS Profile specified has necessary permissions to update an EC2 Security Group
* Python 3.8
* [pipenv](https://pipenv.pypa.io/en/latest/) is used for environment management.
* AWS Profile configured with a default profile specified has necessary permissions to update an EC2 Security Group (you can have this setup without having AWSCLI installed see [HERE](https://docs.aws.amazon.com/cli/latest/userguide/cli-configure-files.html)
## How do I get set up?
* Run `pip install --upgrade -r requirements.txt` to install the Boto3 & Requirements libraries.
* Run `pipenv install` to install the python requirements listed in Pipefile/Pipfile.lock in a new virtual environment. Make sure to install pipenv from above link before this.
* add in more error handling
* Change response to be a friendly message vs. json output
* Add in functionality to be able to pass in which AWSCLI profile you want to use.
* Add in functionality to be able to pass in which AWSCLI profile you want to use
* add Digital Ocean as a provider
I frequently use a VPN, especially when on public or unknown Wi-Fi. For this reason I always had to login to the AWS Console anytime I wanted to connect to my EC2 instances to update security groups due to my always changing IP. I decided to write this python script to solve this problem.